Tuesday 20 October 2015

Raoul Haussman

At college we were asked to look at the Dada movement. We then chose a collage and were asked to replicate it and make it our own. I chose, "A Bourgeois precision brain" 1920 by Raoul Haussman and added a modern twist while keeping some of the main features. In the original,  Raoul had placed a photograph of himself in the collage.  In my version,  I took Raoul's face and put it on another body.  I also replaced the typewritter with a laptop and the phone with a mobile phone.  I then used a child with his hands on his head to show the chaotic,  modern world we have today to show the comparison of how there is an overload of technology.  I think it has worked well. I really enjoyed it this project,  I felt inspired.

1 comment:

  1. If I could give this more than one + 1 I would - Brilliant work Claire. I love the colours and I feel you've got the perspective spot on!

    ReplyDelete