Wednesday 4 May 2016

Andy warhol influence

For my photography unit I looked at a variety of photographers for ideas on how to express emotion through my work.  I already knew Andy Warhol produced alot of self portraits so I revisited his work, looking for inspiration. His self portraits inspired me instantly.  What I like most about his work is the way that his self portraits speak a thousand words. There is also a strong connection between all his self portraits, which is that he has a negative expression. Wether his expression is miserable , confused or tense,  they all share the same theme. I also like that in some instances, he repeats an image to add emphasis to his work. In other cases, he has printed an image and used a variety of media to to add colour to his photographs,  such as acrylic and/or silkscreen.  I find Warhol's work to have a mystery to it,  out of all his work,  I find the self portraits the most interesting and inspiring.  A few of my favourite artworks include:
Self portrait - strangulation 1978,
Self portrait in interview t-shirt 1977-8 and
Self portrait 1976-86
Each self portrait is very different but shows a different emotion and style for each.



No comments:

Post a Comment