Wednesday 14 December 2016

Experimenting with paint

These last few weeks I have been experimenting with a variety of paint to see the difference in texture,  consistency and what paint would be suitable for each occasion.
By using watercolours,  I was able to produce a calm, easy to look at picture.  I was also able to add tone easily. 

I began by using oil paint mixed with turps for the background and "fat" oil over the top to add in the objects. I enjoyed using oils as I was able to manipulate the colour and  thickness of the paint by adding turps.  It was also a benefit using oil paint as I didn't dry quick,  which meant I could change the colour if I needed to. 

I spent 2hrs on this acrylic painting,  I usually enjoy using acrylic paint but I felt that it dried too quick and I was unable to add tone like the oil paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment