Wednesday 9 December 2015

Haining project repeat pattern










I decided to use the design on the front of the Haining to use as a pattern for a cushion cover.  I wanted to try something different, so I looked at Andy Warhol's pop art collection. I  wondered if i could take the idea but add my own twist. 
I started by drawing the image on a piece of paper,  then photocopying the image another 8 times.  I painted on canvas using acrylic paint,  using colours that were similar to the original but brighter. I then painted over the photocopied image,  still keeping in with the colours used in each individual image.  I stuck them on then photocopied the canvas.  It came out very well.  I shrunk the image down to various sizes then repeated the pattern.  I tried to expand on my cushion design so I made a collage of a home setting to show how my design could be used,  not only as a cushion design but how it could be expanded throughout the home.  I am pleased with the outcome. 

1 comment: