Monday 15 February 2016

Flooring idea-first model

I have decided to use underfloor lighting for my Tutti Frutti juice bar design.  Great idea!...  How do I do this? I managed to get hold of clear acrylic squares 100x100mm2, I then made the decision to make my design 400x300mm for the scale model.  I purchased some balsa wood to use for support and cut wooden blocks 40mm in length to use under the clear acrylic to make the flooring.  The reason for this,  was so that the lights could be thread underneath the acrylic with ease. Unfortunately when the balsa wood arrived in the post,  it was broken,  so I had to improvise with using a tomato ketchup portion to create the same height to construct more of my model- it sounds silly but it worked! During this stage, I spent a lot of time looking at composition and thinking about how I would connect each piece together in the best way for support and practicality.  I have decided on using 5 wooden blocks, evenly spaced along each 400mm length so that it leaves 4 spaces in-between for the different coloured lights to be passed through. These are some pictures of this design stage but I will be expanding on this,  now having received a new delivery of balsa wood...








No comments:

Post a Comment