Monday 15 February 2016

Interior Tutti Frutti juice bar design - development

This past week I have been thinking a lot about my juice bar design. My three main starting points were -
1, My target audience is going to be 18-30yr olds,
2, I want to use bright vibrant colours,
3, use  drawings in the style of clip art images to add fun to my design.

My initial idea was to make each wall a different colour and design.  I decided to focus on strawberry ,  blueberry,  watermelon and lemon for my main fruits and have a red strawberry wall,  blue blueberry wall etc (see previous post).
The reason for this was, I had the idea of using glow sticks for tube lighting. I thought about positioning each glow stick above the wall of each corresponding colour to add emphasis to the theme. I also wanted to highlight a young, 'cool' environment which would appeal to a wider variety of people.
I spent a day or two trying out different colour and pattern designs,  using swirly 'juice like ' designs, but felt I was heading in the wrong direction.
I thought to myself,  'what is wrong with my design?  I then decided to leave my project for a day and realised that,  my idea's were fine, I just had to come up with a more appealing design.
What I noticed...
1, using only 4 fruits for my main design was a good choice, not too focused on one fruit and not to overwhelming.
2, The clip art design works well appealing to a younger age range
3, the 4 colours,  red,  blue,  yellow and green are a good range to work with.
4, using glow sticks for tube lighting would not work well, as the effect would not be long lasting,
5, the idea to make each wall a different colour made the design dark and heavy and too busy.
With this discovery, I realised what I needed to do to achieve the best design.  I decided to invest is some LED lights to use under a see-through floor. This means the flooring would be fun and bright,  therefore I could keep the rest of the interior walls and serving area light and mostly white.  The furniture would probably have colour within it to add effect but I am hoping that the lights from the flooring will reflect of the walls to create a subtle but effective result.

No comments:

Post a Comment