Tuesday 29 March 2016

Assessment - part 1 Tutti Frutti juice bar design

Its time for the final design for the Tutti Frutti juice bar.  Today I constructed the first part of my final design.
I started by making a Base for my model to sit on. I then set out strips of balsa wood, Equally spaced with wooden blocks, positioned evenly along each strip, with another strip of balsa wood on top. I glued them together and started adding the under flooring lights along the Base  sticking them down with tape. I made a collection of the battery cases in the back corner of the juice bar, (the electric cupboard).
Next, I carefully added the clear acrylic tiles to the top layer of balsa wood with double adhesive tape. This was easy to assemble as the measurements were perfect. I then spent time adding blue acetate on top of the acrylic tiles to add effect, and to disguise the strings from the lights underneath. The acetate is a darker blue than I would have liked but it still works well.
I started to construct the outer walls and inner sections of the juice bar,  adding doors and serving bar along with the seating. I also made the menu and attached it to the wall insert.
Finally,  I spent time adding the finishing touches to the entrance of the juice bar. I have not attached it to the rest of the design but it will be the first thing I do tomorrow. At this stage I am pleased with what I have achieved but still have a lot to do to complete my design.
  

 


  

 



 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment