Monday 14 March 2016

Interior walls for juice bar - final design

I have spent this last week experimenting with design, texture, colour and media for the final design for my juice bar. Throughout my design process,  I was set on using acrylic paint for my interior walls and using a variety of items to create a textured effect.  I used sand, stickers and foil to see what would work best.
After experimenting with different patterns and techniques,  I was still not pleased with the design,  I felt the acrylic paint was too solid, heavy and dark. I thought about other media which I could use to produce a better effect.  I didn't want to use water colours as I am using foamboard, so I decided to try spray paint. This worked very well on foamboard but did not produce vibrant colours on mountboard.
I finally decided to have a red wall to represent strawberries,  a yellow wall to represent lemons and a green wall to represent watermelon.  My 4th wall will be used as the front of the juice bar so I will not be using colour, although my flooring will be blue to represent blueberries.  I am very pleased with the design,  the spray paint worked perfectly creating bright, vibrant colours and I was able to add a spray effect to represent juice.  I also used stickers, plastic googly eyes and ripped paper to add effect and keep some white on the walls to reflect the lights from the flooring.
















No comments:

Post a Comment