Monday 2 May 2016

Tool Aid repeat pattern

Recently we have been looking at a variety of different tools to help us with our design work. We have used a variety of media to draw and paint different tools.
Last week I tried print making to see what effects I could create with this different technique.  Initially I started using a felt pen to draw tools but felt that the lines I made weren't sharp enough.  I then tried pencil and I was very pleased with the result.  I started to draw a few different tools to see if print making provided a better effect with one tool better than another. I felt that the pencil worked well with each drawing and I was also able to add pressure to make darker,  stronger lines- I was not able to do this with a pen.
I then began to wonder how I could expand on my drawings and incorporate them into a design idea.  I photocopied the drawings that I done then reduced the size of the images,  making several copies of each size. I then cut out some of the pictures then placed them infront of coloured backgrounds.  First I used orange acetate infront of the image then repeated the process with an additional image,  then a third.  This worked okay but I thought I would try different coloured backgrounds.  I used red,  yellow and blue backgrounds individually against the tool then placed them side by side and copied the image.  I once again repeated the pattern then shrunk the image down. I was very pleased with this result,  there are so many uses for this idea.  I also tried the same idea with another tool using green,  yellow and blue against black.  I feel I have achieved a lot throughout this process and I'm excited about making more.












No comments:

Post a Comment