Saturday 10 September 2016

Drawing from life - red pepper

This last week I have been experimenting with colour tone using only the basic primary colours.  This sounds very simple but I haven't spent this long discovering the extent of the various tones.
I decided to create an image of a red pepper using only red green and blue.  I began by painting an image of a pepper in monotone paying close attention to the changes in light of the pepper,  I really enjoyed this as I was able to spend time looking in depth and the various tones of the pepper.  I then painted an image of the same pepper in colour.  Strangely enough,  I found this one slightly more difficult to do initially but soon picked it up.
I did enjoy using only monotone to do a drawing from life,  I am very interested in trying this again using primary colours only.




No comments:

Post a Comment