Friday 4 March 2016

Photography - rose petals

I was thinking about photography and whether background colour would change how an image can appear. I used red rose petals (fake) against a black background and white background,  I then used different editing filters to see if I could make the petals more vibrant against the background.
I was then able to compare the two, to see the difference in effect and quality. I now have a better idea about the importance of lighting and background when taking a photograph, so I can use this to influence my end result.

White background







Black background



 


I feel that overall,  on this occasion, the white background works best against the red petals.  The colours are more vibrant and the filters work really well against the white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment